

Today while at work Seth's mom texted me and asked me to call her. When I was finally able to reach her, she told me than Ben was hit by a car last night and has passed away. She asked if I would please let Seth know.I didn't know Ben for too long, but here are a few memories I have of him. The first time Seth met my parents, we had Ben with us. My mom told Seth he could bring him into the house as long as he was potty trained, Seth claimed he was so we brought him in. Not even a half an hour into the visit, my brother comes walking downstairs from showering and tells Seth Ben pooped upstairs by his bedroom door. Seth's face was bright red, and he didn't believe Nelson at first. But come to find out it was true!! My dad told Seth not too worry about it, and to just roll it into Nelson's room. I haven't laughed to hard in my life. Poor Seth was devastated.
My other favorite memory, was when we took Ben over to meet Josie. Ben was walking around her living room, when all of a sudden he sits down and starts dragging his butt across Josie's floor. Seth and I noticed it right away and when Jos finally saw it, she got mad and said, "Are you kidding me?" Then she immediately when and got some floor cleaner and scrubbed her floor. I was laughing so hard I was crying,and once again Seth's poor face was bright red.
Ben liked to cause me stress. I couldn't stand his hair everywhere, so I made the rule of no dogs on the bed or couch. So when I would leave Seth would sneak Ben up on the bed and couch. One day I freaked out about the hair, so Seth spent the day vacuuming everything. It was cute, and that's how much Seth him. Ben could do no wrong in his eyes. I'm sorry for your loss Seth!
No comments:
Post a Comment