For the last 5 years Josie and I have been working hard to try and get into nursing school. We both applied to SLCC and were put on a waiting list. My original date was to start in the Fall of 2013 (sad I know). Then they sent me a letter about a year ago saying my start date moved up to Fall of 2011. Josie also received a letter saying she will start this fall (2010).
I decided not to take any classes this summer because I had been so sick with Sophie, but I did sign up for classes this fall. Seth and I decided to spend one last weekend up in Tremonton before school starts, while I was up there I decided to check my school email to see if any of my teachers had sent me anything. And that's when I saw it.... My acceptance letter into the fall 2010 nursing class. Exciting?? NO. The problem with this is that they sent it to me back in the beginning of June and I had till the beginning of July to respond. I didn't get the letter until the middle of August. So needless to say, my spot was filled. I was devastated.
After a weekend of sulking about it, Seth finally convinced me that with Sophie on the way it would be hard to go to school this semester anyway. He is right but I still cant believe this happened. I called the school to talk to them about it, and they said they will start me in the next semester.
I am sorry to hear about such devastating news. I would have to agree with Seth. You will need to some time to adjust to having Sophie in your life and then when the time is right nursing school will take over. Trust me on this one, I know from personal experience. It won't be long for either to happen so enjoy all the moments you can waiting for Sophie's arrival.
ReplyDeleteOh that is horrible! you have been waiting patiently for so so long. girl i think your awesome for doing nursing school right after you have you sweet girl. good luck to you! hope to see you and your little one in december!
ReplyDeletexoxo
This really sucks but it really will be better that you start next semester because then you will have had sophie and you will be able to focus better. Congratulations though, I am so excited for you!
ReplyDeleteThat totally sucks Cassie, but I think Seth's kind of right on this one- this way you will be able to really enjoy Sophie, and won't have the pressure of delivering in the middle of nursing school. I'm so excited for you though!! Congratulations lady!
ReplyDelete