
On our way to Arizona, Seth and I stopped in Mesquite to play bingo. Now bingo is a serious game down there, the old people don't mess around. We were by far the youngest in the group and the only ones without a cigarette in each hand. When the game starts, you really have to pay attention, because not only do they call out the numbers fast but you are managing 12 cards at a time. So the first game starts, all the old ladies are focused and stamping their cards just as fast as they can. Seth and I can hardly keep up. As the game continues, I start getting excited because I only need one more number called to get BINGO!!! Then just when I least expect it, THEY CALL THE NUMBER!!!! I'm so excited, I throw my stamper down and yell BINGO! The game stops, everyone is staring, and the employee walks over to check my card. Then, to my total disappointment she says, "No she doesn't have it, continue the game." Apparently this was not just any bingo game, in order to win you have to make an X on your card. Ya, apparently I didn't get the memo on that one. Then to make it worse the group of little old ladies next to us say, "what is this? Practice Bingo?" Poor Seth just wanted to die. His face was so red, and he didn't want to sit by me anymore. After the game he told me that even if he did get bingo he would never have dared call it out for fear of embarrassment. Even though I didn't win, it was still really fun.
No comments:
Post a Comment